showcase / games
how to make a rts in unity/c#?
Want to learn how to make a RTS game in Unity/C#? In this series, I explain how to implement the various systems that make up a real-time strategy game in the well-known game engine Unity! Throughout these 50+ episodes, you will explore C# scripting for games, Canvas-based UI building, event systems, sound optimisation and more 🙂
- Read the articles:
- Buy the e-book:
Contains bonus episodes, 3D models and 2D UI assets to create your own RTS prototype!
- Check out the code (for free):
If you'd like to learn more about the famous Unity game engine, check out the various tutorials I made on how to implement scoped features like a simple player manager based on finite state machines, an AI with behaviour trees, a patrolling system... All these tutorials are available both as text and video, and the projects are available for free:
- How to make smooth scene transitions (visuals & audio)
- How to make a finite state machine for basic physics-based 2D player movement
- How to implement a simple broadcast messaging system with events
- How to use mathematical noises for procedural heightmap generation
- How to do visual debugging and editing using gizmos
- How to create a basic patrol system (waypoints-based)
- How to make a simple physics-based cannon
- How to create a simple guard AI using behaviour trees
- How to implement basic unit testing
To improve my webdev skills and play around with some basic gameplay ideas, I made a few mini-games:
- Pebbles is a small puzzle game: the goal is to try and put as many pieces in the grid as possible before you're stuck. Every time you fill a row or a column, it disappears! It is a 2D puzzle game for desktop (no mobile version yet, sadly). This game is inspired by a little online free game I stumbled across a while ago: Tentrix.
- Hyperspeed is a 3D infinite runner game where you control a little spaceship. Your goal is to collect as many bonuses as possible while avoiding the obstacles! How long can you last?
- What The Cut? is a little game inspired by Voronoi diagrams where the goal is to gradually split a board in colored cells while making sure that no adjacent cells have the same color. It is therefore another 2D puzzle game for desktop.
how to make a 3D web runner game?
To learn more about the Hyperspeed game and discover how I made it, here are some tutorials in video and text format on how to create a 3D game in the browser using the Three.js library 🙂
- Read the articles:
- See the videos: